The pre-conditions for keeping a retired dog
- If the person caring for the dog works away from home, it has to be a part-time job (max. 50%).
- The housing situation must be suitable for the medical needs of an aging dog.
- A sympathetic understanding of the dog’s physical and health care requirements
- The house owner must have given his permission for keepig a dog.
- Any children who live within the same household are ideally at least between 5 to 7 years old.
Please note that there is a waiting list for retired dogs. Because the interest in our “pensioner” guide dogs is so strong, we cannot accept any new names onto the waiting list right now. Thank you very much for your understanding.
We will be pleased to provide you with more information by phone at +41 61 487 95 95.