Any dogs that aren’t suitable for our training become «family dogs». The chosen person receives the dog free of charge and agrees in a contract to keep the dog in line with the school’s guidelines. The dog will always be owned by the school.
There are many reasons why a dog may not be able to be trained (including health-related problems or specific behavioural traits such as a strong hunting instinct, acoustic or visual uncertainties, etc.).
What are the pre-conditions for rehoming a family dog
- If the person caring for the dog works away from home, it has to be a part-time job (max. 50%).
- Maximum age at registration: 68 years.
- They must be willing to take the training course provided for social dog teams, and be willing to carry out voluntary social services with their service dog thereafter.
- Any children who live within the same household are ideally at least between 5 to 7 years old.
- The house owner must have given his permission for keepig a dog.
Please note that there is a waiting list for our family dogs – the waiting time is about one year.
Our waiting list for family dogs is currently closed.
However, if you have a lot of dog experience and would like to take on a challenging dog with problem behaviour, you are welcome to contact us by phone.
Are you interested in getting a family dog? Just get in touch with us and we will be pleased to provide you with more information. You can contact us by phone at +41 61 487 95 95.