- Established in Allschwil in 1972
- Operating in new premises at the same location since 2002
- More than 90 % of the financial support for the school is obtained from donations, legacies and inheritances.
- The Swiss disability insurance scheme (IV) pays for the costs of the team training at the guide dog owner's home and pays the school a monthly rental fee (currently CHF 350) for each guide dog deployed at any particular time. A one-off compensation payment is made by the IV for every assistance dog. Autism assistance dogs are not funded by the IV.
- Additional funds are generated by the sale of promotional items from our shop.
- The school does not receive any subsidies from the state.
Number of guide dogs trained from 1972-2022
- 1046 guide dogs
Number of puppies born in Allschwil from 1972-2022
- 2532 puppies
Puppies and young dogs in 2022
- Born at the School: 112
- Young dogs living with foster families: 198
Successfully introduced dogs in 2022
A total of 27, comprising
- Guide dogs: 23
- Assistance dogs: 1
- Autism service dogs: 3
Successfully trained social support dogs in 2022
- Social support dogs: 60
Dog owners in 2022
- Guide dogs: 146
- Assistance dogs: 18
- Autism service dogs: 33
- Social support dogs: 402
- Retired dogs: 74
Our workforce in 2022
A total of 57, of which
- 17.70 are full time roles in the Training section
- 16.50 are full time roles in the Breeding section
- 13.20 are full time roles in the Administration